Mission and Overview
Participation in student activities can be a rewarding and meaningful educational experience that provides positive educational outcomes. It is Southwest High School mission to create co-curricular opportunities that enhance students by:
1. Challenges student’s excellence in academically, culturally, civically, and recreationally
2. Promote a climate of respect, support, and appreciation for all
3. Provide students with opportunities to develop new skills that are difficult to learn to in a traditional classroom
We are committed to taking personal and collective responsibility to create collaboration and continuity so that all students and the entire Southwest community can access and benefit from activities with equity.
Club Proposal Approval Steps
- Students can fill out a Google Form online (link below), accessible from the SW website under Student Activities, or they can fill out a paper version of the application found in the main office. Paper applications will be handed into Dan Edmonds or Sammy Nelson’s boxes. Complete applications must include the name of a staff or faculty advisor.
- Purpose and goal of the group is clear.
- For example, the group is promoting community building and engaging student participation.
- The group has a plan to promote inclusion.
- For example, we will fundraise so that students from all backgrounds can participate.
- At least 4 students are interested in participating, including a student president.
- Students who are having trouble recruiting club members can contact Dan Edmonds or Sammy Nelson for support
- A staff member has agreed to serve as the club advisor
- Students who are having trouble locating an advisor can contact Dan Edmonds or Sammy Nelson
- A meeting time and location is secured ( Mr. Royston and their club advisor can help find meeting locations)
Applications will be reviewed by the SAC committee once per month, and student organizers will be notified by email about the status of their application. Final approval will go to the Leadership Council.